Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Italy Trip [Image Heavy]

Here is a photo tour of my trip to Italy. I picked some of my favorite photos for this.
Please note this is going to be very IMAGE HEAVY.

SO BEGINS THE TOUR!

-- This is what France looks like from in an airplane. Heidi, cover your eyes. XD


-- All through Italy there are these things called 'Autogrills.' They are like McDonalds. Really. And the food at McDonalds is better, my mother would beg to differ...but I did not enjoy it.


-- The drive to our hotel was really beautiful. Granted, I took this before I fell asleep. Very tired, I had essentially been awake for more then twenty-four hours without any sleep.


This was a beautiful home in a park near our hotel. It was under renovations but the outside was just beautiful.

One of the hotels. This was not ours, but I loved that it was painted pink. xD


The meat in the background is called prosciutto. It is a cured ham that you eat on sandwiches, pizza, with fruit or pasta. It is an uncooked meat and it is actually really good, despite that those are the legs of pigs.
I actually learned to like it on my pizza, a lot. xD
I took a picture of my cousin and my mother in front of the stand.

Larry (tour guide) stops to smell the roses at our first cooking school over looking the walled city of Lucca.


Cousin Jim is learning to cook, along with a bunch of other students. Our chef is the guy with the hat. You can't miss him.
Beautiful day, nice and warm and the food was amaaazing.

Primi dish at the cooking school. It was a spinach baked something. (I was inside, writing a report.)

Major church in the walled city of Lucca. The inside was so beautiful, sadly no photography allowed [inside.]

There was a group of kids riding around on bikes for a scavenger hunt (historical landmarks, etc.) We were cheering for the brown dots. xD
But bikes are so cool over there, but don't let anyone trick you. There traffic is just as bad as ours and they drive just as much as we do.

Our running trip through Venice. My mother was taking pictures of me navigating through the city. Just remember, NEVER PICK UP A MAP IN VENICE! You will get lost.
Follow the yellow signs (and no, this is not a play off of the Wizard of Oz, I'm not kidding. Yellow signs = your best friend.)

In Venice there are NO cars allowed. Garbage trucks are hand-held carts and construction trucks are boats. This guy was loading debris from his job-site onto his boat.

Venice is just...beautiful.

Silvio, the art teacher in Venice. Such a nice guy.


I will post more when I'm feeling better!








2 comments:

FlyingCats said...

Yay! Pictures!!! Can't wait for you to fly down and cook for me!!!!

Miss you mucho -- Kathryn

FlyingCats said...

OK - some of us would really like to see MORE pictures...lol...